Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrLoL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2014
Lyon, France
Can't there be a section only for order updates with a topic for each model?
This section is getting flooded with order status and it's kind of annoying :(

Last edited:

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
At product launches, MacRumors turns into a cheap hotel at spring break. Don't worry, all the puking teenagers will be gone soon, once they get their watches.

MasterRyu2011

macrumors 65816
Aug 22, 2014
Agree. Maybe just sticky them or something, so we don't have to see them moving about the forum. I can understand the anticipation game (I was once there!:D), but they tend to bury the real Apple Watch topics.

zmunkz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
To be fair, there are also quite a few threads about how there are too many threads :p

philbo7

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2015
Ardmore, Oklahoma
Make Orders Its Own Forum?

Mods, can you move all the "Order" threads to its own forum alongside the "Accessories" and "Apps" forums? I think that would help both the "watch waiters" and the "watch wearers" with less scrolling through stuff that doesn't apply to them.

zmunkz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
Mods, can you move all the "Order" threads to its own forum alongside the "Accessories" and "Apps" forums? I think that would help both the "watch waiters" and the "watch wearers" with less scrolling through stuff that doesn't apply to them.

Seconded... Should be an easy enough criteria to fork a sub-forum

sb22

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2012
I agree, this is becoming a real headache. Can we not have a sub section for those awaiting orders now?

MrLoL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2014
Lyon, France

Hopefully this will be done, I wanna see other things than shipping topics :)

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
Once people get their watches it will all calm down in here, setting up a different section would be a temporary solution at best. For the most part, people have been pretty good about keeping it in their respective forums and the rest are easy enough to ignore.

Just my .02

Jrdn13crvr

Suspended
Apr 20, 2015

Whos to say you all shouldn't be moved to your own channel? I think the great thing about Macrumors is you can see a variety of content and help each other out on a variety of question types. Unfortunately you most likely were one of those 'order tracking' people just a few weeks ago

MrLoL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2014
Lyon, France
Whos to say you all shouldn't be moved to your own channel? I think the great thing about Macrumors is you can see a variety of content and help each other out on a variety of question types. Unfortunately you most likely were one of those 'order tracking' people just a few weeks ago

I still don't see why there should be a topic for every single order of strap combinations, sizes and delivery dates all over a section about the product itself.
Why would I be personally interested in the shipping of other's models when I already received mine?

In my opinion, orders topics aren't considered as "content", and they take atleast 70% of this section which is really annoying when finding real topics or stories about the product.

Last edited:

irentamac

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2014
Tempe, AZ
I still don't see why there should be a topic for every single order of strap combinations, sizes and delievery dates all over a section about the product itself.
Why would I be personally interested in the shipping of other's models when I already received mine?

In my opinion, orders topics aren't considered as "content", and they take atleast 70% of this section which is really annoying when finding real topics or stories about the product.

Because even in these subdivided threads, its hard to keep up with everything.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
What's the point of of all those threads anyway? Misery loves company?

What it's about is today's utterly self centered, entitled, self serving youth, who think nothing of taking over an entire website to suit their own needs, because they've been coddled and repeatedly told they're SOOPER SPESHUL their entire lives by their spineless parents.

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
Tip of the day: you're not forced to read topics you don't wanna read. On top: you should be able to differentiate by the headlines which topics to read or not. If not: I don't feel sorry. It's your own fault.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

Myself and a couple other mods discussed this and we are of the opinion this is a temporary issue that will blow over once the bulk of the watches are delivered, so a new forum section is not needed.

We have been trying to limit threads to a reasonable number. If you see a new order tracking thread that looks like the topic would fit in an existing thread, please report
report.gif
the thread and we can take a look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.