Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drwebber

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Thoughts on using power reserve mode throughout the day when you know watch is not needed. For example.
I'm about to take off for a1.5 hour flight. Power reserve or just airplane?

I started my day at 0500 and won't return till 2300. I have 4 flights today. Will going into reserve mode make a difference?

Not going to try today because it's my first day wearing the watch and I want to see what the battery life is.

Trent0341

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2007
I would imagine (based off of my own experience) that your battery life will be just fine. I will say that mine seemed to improve over the first few days but this may have simply been my imagination. My battery life (estimated as I have never managed to run it out) would be around 22-24 hours.

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012
I'd imagine airplane mode will work a lot like power reserve, as without the phone having signal, only the activity features will work.

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
I put my watch in power reserve yesterday, but wasn't able to get it out of power reserve until a hard reboot. Maybe airplane mode would be best, since it should still track your activity.

bjdraw

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2008
Tampa FL
I find reserve mode completely useless. I prefer to just use my watch until the battery dies and then take it off -- only happened once, when I failed to charge one night.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I find reserve mode completely useless. I prefer to just use my watch until the battery dies and then take it off -- only happened once, when I failed to charge one night.

Correct, Power Reserve is less useful than a $2 Casio.:eek: IMO Apple should remove the Power Reserve option and just have it come on at about 2% to 3%.

So far I have only went below 10% on one day and I didn't use Power Reserve and took of with 7%. The :apple:Watch has great batt life so use it. If you are having daly problems with the power running out then the :apple:Watch is likely defective.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.