Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lite426

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2013
Please could owners of the Macbook install the BlackMagic benchmark from the App Store and tell me your results for read and write speed? Also state which capacity hard drive you have.

Thanks.

lite426

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 24, 2013
I'm on an iPod and search function is awful on mobile, can't specify by forum so if I search the generic term "macbook blackmagic" all kinds of posts come up. But yes I did find some posts and the read and write speeds seem pretty crap compared to the new MBPr. Around 200-400 write and 700 read compared with 600/1400 on the MBPr.

Last edited by a moderator:

rahulr

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2008
North Carolina
Just ran it and while I didn't shut everything down I'm getting 400/800. But like everything else on this machine I am noticing no impact to my workflow compared to my old rMBP.

Maybe my rMBP was way too overpowered for what I do, maybe this one is just right. But I stopped worrying about benchmarks and scores and things like that.

Maybe I'm just justifying my purchase, or maybe it's truly the right machine for me. At the end of the day this machine does everything I need it to and does it well.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Mod Note: This thread is closed for now to clean up all the off-topic bickering. When it reopens, please remain civil and on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.