Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
To start let me just say I love my apple watch. Just adds an extra bit of convenience to my day. No longer do I need to fish out my phone all the time. I get the whole concept of this device. It's fabulous.

Played a round of golf yesterday and used a GPS app and it worked flawlessly. Been speaking and texting people using my watch instead of phone.

Now for the big question. I'm considering buying more than one of these things. I currently own an apple watch sport. Depending on the occasion I would like to have a choice between the sport and the stainless steel with a really nice strap. Am I addicted to apple? Sure, but I definitely want to own the stainless steel at some point.

Has anyone else had naughty thoughts about buying more than one?

Thyraz

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2010
Unpair your watch from your phone wait for backup to complete, then pair it again and wait until the backup is restored to your watch.

This procedure will get you back on your feets and stop you from spending money on a second watch.

If you want a SS version: Get it and buy 2 bands (sport and leather) but sell the sport watch.
Switching band doesn't take longer than a few seconds.
Switching watches will keep you busy for hours in case you also synced some photos and music to it.

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
Your money and your decision, but my advice to you is to stick with what you have. Third party bands are a-coming. Its a first generation product, not very wise to go 'all out' yet. It will be quickly replaced.

BrianNH

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2015
Unpair your watch from your phone wait for backup to complete, then pair it again and wait until the backup is restored to your watch.

This procedure will get you back on your feets and stop you from spending money on a second watch.

If you want a SS version: Get it and buy 2 bands (sport and leather) but sell the sport watch.
Switching band doesn't take longer than a few seconds.
Switching watches will keep you busy for hours in case you also synced some photos and music to it.

This. Completely impractical to switch back and forth.

shanshor

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2008
aye^^. I actually ordered the blue LL for my silver Sport. I checked it out on mixyourwatch and it looks like a snazzy combo

BarredOwl

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2015
NC
I have a SS BSB on my arm now and will have a Space Black SS link in a few days. Looking forward to using both (very different) watches.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Personally, I couldn't be bothered to go through the ~20 minute process it takes to unpair and repair the watch.

A good alternative, as some have said, is to buy another band instead. If you want to stay first party and keep the Sport watch, the leather loop looks great as a dressier alternative; otherwise, buy your favourite band on the SS model and buy another Sport band.

irentamac

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2014
Tempe, AZ
I hope Apple will eventually support multiple watches. I think they will. It only makes sense and brings them more revenue.

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
I hope Apple will eventually support multiple watches. I think they will. It only makes sense and brings them more revenue.

Yes. I didn't realize it didn't. I would expect this by this Fall maybe when I also expect them to offer a $1-2K gold option, as well as a gold Sport. There are many people who wear both gold and silver and need to coordinate jewelry, and adding gray or black to mix it up. This is what watch people already do. Theoretically Apple could sell as many as 3 watches per customer just by adding lower-priced gold with the current offerings. And up to six when they add a round version.

For now, anyone thinking of getting a stainless should absolutely sell the Sport, which is not as substantial a watch, and more prone to damage than the stainless, so why keep it when you can't use both anyway?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.