Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
UK
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
I've had my iPad 4 for about a year and a half. I've noticed the LCD moves around quite a lot, because the gaps on the edge of the screen are sometimes bigger than one another, and I've noticed that today it is extremely noticeable.
Here is a picture I took. Sorry if they are a bit grainy, they're from my iPod touch. If you see, not only is it completely out of place (it might not be clearly shown in the picture), but slanted as well. Is this normal, and is it a problem? I'm not one of those people who return their stuff at every single misplacement, but is it something that I should be worried about?

image.jpg

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Nothing should be moving. That's completely abnormal. Unfortunately, unless you've purchased AppleCare, you'll probably have to pay full price for a repair from Apple or a third party.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
UK
Nothing should be moving. That's completely abnormal. Unfortunately, unless you've purchased AppleCare, you'll probably have to pay full price for a repair from Apple or a third party.

Thanks. But as I say, unless it affects my usage, it shouldn't be a problem.
Here is another picture, as the last one didn't show very much

image.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.