Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Intouchdavep

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2015
Please can you help?
I Believe I have a virus on my mac as i am getting the message ERROR CODE: PFXQ0451 when I try to open safari and its blocking me from entering the net.
The page will not disappear and i am being prompted to please call Apple Network and Security support number at 1-844-849-8994 immediately.
I have tried re setting my Ip and installing and running adware medic and it it not working, does anybody know how to remove this virus as its damn annoying...thank you very much in advance.
Regards

erich1188

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2015
Sorry to hear about your troubles with Safari.

Try this: Safari ▹ Preferences... ▹ Privacy ▹Remove All Website Data

This will clear Safari's cache, which may stop the automatic redirect to the malicious site.

Hope that this helps.

NOTE: That number is an obvious scam. If you need live assistance, call AppleCare and not that number.

Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Please can you help?
I Believe I have a virus on my mac as i am getting the message ERROR CODE: PFXQ0451 when I try to open safari and its blocking me from entering the net.
The page will not disappear and i am being prompted to please call Apple Network and Security support number at 1-844-849-8994 immediately.
I have tried re setting my Ip and installing and running adware medic and it it not working, does anybody know how to remove this virus as its damn annoying...thank you very much in advance.
Regards

Quit Safari then relaunch it while holding down the shift key. That will stop Safari from redirecting to that scam web page.

Reactions: Brandhouse
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.