Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRaynor SK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 15, 2014
Banská Bystrica, Slovak Republic
Hello,

I got camera with ability to shot photos in RAW (filename.rw2) and record videos in Full HD in mp4 format at 60 FPS. It's nice to view photos and videos on big retina display of iPad - yea, I got SD Card Reader cable for iPad. I don't want to take my expensive Mac outdoor, but iPad is fine. I find some apps to work with photos/videos on-the-go. Recording few videos and photos while on-the-go and at home I will find something got wrong - that sounds terrible, especially when I make videos with other people and I would need to re-record it...

Currently I have Pixelmator, Pinnacle Studio, OneEdit, Photogene and app to control my camera wirelessly via wi-fi.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Lukas

Last edited:

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
I can't speak to video, but the iPad, unfortunately, is a rather lame excuse for a RAW photo processor. But you do have one of the best apps for dealing with RAW, Photogene. It can actually process RAW, but you are limited in your output, unfortunately.

What works best depends on what you do with the photos. If you use Lightroom on the Mac, eg, then Photosmith or Lightroom Mobile are worth looking into. And PhotosInfoPro; it has a nice way of dealing with metadata transfer. Basically you can edit location, IPTC info, etc and then transfer it back to the Mac in small XMP files rather than the whole photo, since that's troublesome with the iPad.

iRaynor SK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 15, 2014
Banská Bystrica, Slovak Republic
Yea, Photogene is good, but RAW file in iPad's Camera Roll see much different as RAW file in Photogene - colors are very inaccurate, too much red colors in photo with grass and trees.

I have Panasonic Lumix TZ60.

EDIT: colors are inaccurate in Photogene

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.