Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 6, 2014
Twenty years ago I weighed 275 pounds, today I weigh 137 pounds - that was an accomplishment in itself. On the second of this month I decided to begin weight training in order to bring some muscular definition to my now slim body and today, after only 15 days of working out alone, I am already seeing long-lasting results. My weight has hovered around 138 for about a year and now my upper arm has seen an inch of growth in circumference - those dumbbell curls are really paying off. My biceps are now forming a noticeable "lump"! Time to celebrate! I'll have a vegetable salad, no dressing, a side of mixed, unsalted, nuts, an apple and a glass of water please. I should join a gym. I'm 51 years old but I don't think my age will be a problem :)

And my journey continues..

The screenshot is from the Full Fitness app for iPhone/iPad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 91

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Twenty years ago I weighed 275 pounds, today I weigh 137 pounds - that was an accomplishment in itself. On the second of this month I decided to begin weight training in order to bring some muscular definition to my now slim body and today, after only 15 days of working out alone, I am already seeing long-lasting results. My weight has hovered around 138 for about a year and now my upper arm has seen an inch of growth in circumference - those dumbbell curls are really paying off. My biceps are now forming a noticeable "lump"! Time to celebrate! I'll have a vegetable salad, no dressing, a side of mixed, unsalted, nuts, an apple and a glass of water please. I should join a gym. I'm 51 years old but I don't think my age will be a problem :)

And my journey continues..

The screenshot is from the Full Fitness app for iPhone/iPad

Well done. That's a pretty dramatic weight loss!

FWIW, muscle develops _very_ slowly - I see people on fitness/workout forums talking about adding several pounds of [lean] muscle mass over a few months, and it just does not happen that fast. Water, bloat, etc., may be a false positive.

Again, don't want to end my post on anything that sounds remotely negative, because your results are spectacular. Congrats! :cool:

(Side note: OOC, are you male/female, and what is your height?)

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 6, 2014
Well done. That's a pretty dramatic weight loss!

FWIW, muscle develops _very_ slowly - I see people on fitness/workout forums talking about adding several pounds of [lean] muscle mass over a few months, and it just does not happen that fast. Water, bloat, etc., may be a false positive.

Again, don't want to end my post on anything that sounds remotely negative, because your results are spectacular. Congrats! :cool:

(Side note: OOC, are you male/female, and what is your height?)
Thank you!

Well, that amount of weight loss took me a couple years of developing a better diet and eating habits. I normally workout two days and rest a day, sometimes two. The noticeable lump in my bicep area, along with the one inch increase, was enough to keep me going :)

I'm a 51 year old male and stand 5'6".

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Thank you!

Well, that amount of weight loss took me a couple years of developing a better diet and eating habits. I normally workout two days and rest a day, sometimes two. The noticeable lump in my bicep area, along with the one inch increase, was enough to keep me going :)

I'm a 51 year old male and stand 5'6".

Fantastic results! I'm in your general demographic, so I can REALLY appreciate it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.