Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macmomomo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2009
I have a 34" AOC with 3440x1440 res and was wondering if Its possible to hook it up to the iMac and using SwitchResX to make the res all the way up to 3440x1440 ? Since the iMac really just supports 2560x1600.

I am offshore right now so I cant test it myself.

I just got a deal on a Mac Pro 4 core for a good price and I am wondering if I am going to buy it or not. It really depends on the question first asked.

Thanks

brr!!

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2015
Basically no.

I don't see your reasoning for doing that. The aspect ration of a 34" monitor vs a 27" is completely different so no that wouldn't work. If you could force resolution to do that you'll have a very awkward and terrible image because you're basically scaling everything the wrong way basically

Macmomomo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2009
I don't see your reasoning for doing that. The aspect ration of a 34" monitor vs a 27" is completely different so no that wouldn't work. If you could force resolution to do that you'll have a very awkward and terrible image because you're basically scaling everything the wrong way basically

I am going to use the iMac and the 34" at the same time. Not use 34" aspect om the iMac.

You understand ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.