Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyg0141

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2015
Hi,

I have recently moved over to a Macbook from PC and am having some difficulty getting used to Photo.

Having thousands of photos, I copied them over from my PC into the Pictures folder within finder (currently all pictures are in folders). When I go into Photo, I can view, edit them ok but if I try to delete one, the source photo isn't deleted - it just appears to be removed from Photo. How do I rectify this?

Also, I have some photos that I am unsure of where they have come from. How can I find out where the source photo is that Photo has imported?

Thanks, Andy

graley

macrumors regular
May 25, 2010
Australia
Photos app

You work with photos using the Photo or iPhoto application. Not out of the Pictures folder. Try this..drag one photo from the Pictures folder onto the desktop. Start Photos, or iPhoto. Drag the photo from the desktop into the Photos pane. Now, in future, start Photos and there is your photos. Do not work with photos in the Photos library in the Pictures folder. Work only via the Photos application. I am sure there is a simpler way, that others here will explain,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.