Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oo7ml

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Hi,

Is it possible to build in a 'EMAIL' button into an iOS app that will get the user's information from the database (i'm using parse.com) and email it to their email address (which is also saved in the database).

Can anyone offer any advice on this? Thank you.

mds1256

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2011
Hi

Yes it's possible, top of my head you need to retrieve the relevant details from parse and store them in variables, then construct an email request either via the iPhone mail app or via an online web service. Both fairly simple to be honest

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Do you need this email to be sent automatically, without user intervention? If so, that's rather problematic.

You can use MFMailComposeViewController to begin the process of allowing a user to send out an email. You cannot, however, use this to send out an email without the user seeing it and possibly editing or canceling it. And since the iOS SDK does not really have a SMTP client that would allow you to programmatically send out an email, you'll have to explore other options, probably via some kind of remote web service. Is there nothing through parse.com that would allow you to do this on their end, without even involving the iOS app?

oo7ml

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Thanks guys. I've found a way to do it with Parse and MailGun

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.