Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gontarek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2015
HI everyone :)

I have rmbp 13 " 2014 i5 processor, 8GB RAM and Intel IRIS 5100.
How do you think I can comfortably play in Guild Wars 2 ? I love this game but I do not want to lose money. I read many topics on this forum , but opinions are diverse :(

Greetings :)

Last edited:

JoelTheSuperior

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2014
It's a fantastic game but unfortunately I don't think you're going to see excellent performance on that machine unfortunately. It'll certainly be playable however.

I have tried playing it on my MacBook Pro before and again, it's a perfectly playable experience but in all honesty I'd much rather just run it from my PC.

xSinghx

Suspended
Oct 2, 2012
You'll probably shorten the life of your macbook and risk burning something out.

MMOs don't tend to be short playtime experiences...

JoelTheSuperior

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2014
You'll probably shorten the life of your macbook and risk burning something out.

MMOs don't tend to be short playtime experiences...
Eh, I can't imagine burning anything out - at least not on the integrated graphics models (time will tell with the dGPU version) but it's certainly a fairly intensive game.

That and the Mac port is literally just the Windows version + cider.

Honestly as much as I love Macs, if you're a gamer you're probably best off building a desktop PC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.