Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hotspur00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Hi,

I am running OS X 10.8.5 on a 2-year-old MPB15, 8gb memory.

A few days ago, Finder started automatically refreshing about once a minute. Icons on the desktop disappear and reappear, Finder window disappears and reappears. Same effect as going into "Force Quit" and relaunching Finder. This is driving me nuts, especially when it sometime yanks focus away from something I am working on.

Also, this is system-wide, not just one account. I have set up two logins (work & personal) and it happens on both.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Hotspur

e93to

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2015
Toronto
Hello. Do you have Google Drive menubar app? If so, quit the app. I experienced exactly the same issue, which was caused by the Google app.

If you don't have Google Drive, some other app that is Finder-related could be causing it.

FrickACST

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2015
Tunis
Hello. Do you have Google Drive menubar app? If so, quit the app. I experienced exactly the same issue, which was caused by the Google app.

If you don't have Google Drive, some other app that is Finder-related could be causing it.
Google Drive was the issue I had on this. I quit Drive and the computer is running much better...
R

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.