Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Stores in the United States, United Kingdom and possibly other launch countries began stocking standalone Apple Watch bands for purchase as confirmed by MacRumors and multiple users on social media. The photo below shared by Twitter user Apple Radar shows an Apple Store in Miami stocking the Sport Band in multiple colors, and he says that the Classic Buckle is also available.

Apple-Bands.jpg
Apple is selling individual Sport Bands for $49, while the Classic Buckle, Milanese Loop and Leather Loop retail for $149 each. The Modern Buckle is costlier at $249 and the Link Bracelet is the most expensive Apple Watch strap available at $449. The prices listed are based on the United States and will vary in international countries based on local currencies and exchange rates.

Apple Watch bands can also be ordered online through the Apple Online Store.

(Thanks, Alireza!)

Article Link: Apple Watch Bands Now Available in Select Apple Stores

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
I live in Miami. That looks like it may be the store in Aventura....if we can find out exactly what store it is, I'll go right now and confirm (and buy a couple of bands:p)

ToM7

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
Israel
hi!
we know that you didn't get your watch yet & you're waiting for it since April
but look, we've got the bends
yours,
apple
:mad:

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
It looks like online shopping times have even improved (for the white band anyways) too. Now if they could just add the "pickup in store" option. That way you're not driving store to store to see which store has what stock.

By the way.....apple if you're listening. Small request. I'll take a product Red sport band,tan sport band and navy blue,please.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

robT9

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2010
Does anybody think they will let you exchange a white sport band for a black one? I really wanted the silver sport model with black band (of course its not offered that way) so I got the silver and white.

Previously they had said that exchanges would only be for something they offered.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
I live in Miami. That looks like it may be the store in Aventura....if we can find out exactly what store it is, I'll go right now and confirm (and buy a couple of bands:p)

Apparently that's Apple at the Falls. Too far for me to go!

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
It's nice to see things getting back to normal. About time! It should have been like this a month ago.

----------

Me too.

Aren't there two types of Black Sport Band - I'm assuming this is the Sport one (the pins are different)

Yes, one for SG and one for SS. The pins are different colors.

----------

It looks like online shopping times have even improved (for the white band anyways) too. Now if they could just add the "pickup in store" option. That way you're not driving store to store to see which store has what stock.

By the way.....apple if you're listening. Small request. I'll take a product Red sport band,tan sport band and navy blue,please.

Probably gonna have to wait for WWDC for that. I'm looking forward to the new colors as well.

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
It's nice to see things getting back to normal. About time! It should have been like this a month ago.

----------

Yes, one for SG and one for SS. The pins are different colors.

----------

Probably gonna have to wait for WWDC for that. I'm looking forward to the new colors as well.

Yeah,you're probably right.

Mojopin

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2011
Does anybody think they will let you exchange a white sport band for a black one? I really wanted the silver sport model with black band (of course its not offered that way) so I got the silver and white.

Previously they had said that exchanges would only be for something they offered.

Unfortunately you cannot exchange the white SB for a black SB as neither variation comes with either band, ie silver alum can never be bought with a black band, space grey casing can never be bought with a white band. I got the white sport and should have my black band in a few days, will sell my white and maybe recoup some of the extra $50.

bazinga!!

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2012
Belgium
"The prices listed are based on the United States and will vary in international countries based on local currencies and exchange rates."

Great, just great. Can't wait to pay about 600€ for a link bracelet (which is 660$)..
You have to be stupid not to go with a third party supplier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.