Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
ThinkSecret claims Microsoft's "One Note" program is coming to Mac Office.

OneNote is a forthcoming outliner and organizer that allows you to capture and store your notes and information in a central location. Notes can be typed in at any place in a document, recorded via audio, handwritten with pen input, or drag-and-dropped from a Web site.

MacMarino

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2003
Tokyo, Japan
...and in return

So is this going to b Microsofts answer for Keynote? Do u think they had this planned or pushed it out as soon as they could just to make their suite look a little better to Corporate buyers et all...???

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
No, OneNote is an outliner app, presumably similar to OmniOutliner. Inasmuch as this software's not supposed to be released until mid-2003 for Windows, this announcement actually amounts to FUD.

Apple doesn't announce things until the minute they're ready; Microsoft preannounces products that are probably only in the pre-planning stages to freeze competitors.

GeneR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2003
The land of delusions, CA.
Maybe M$ has all the programs in OSX...

Maybe M$ has a version of all their programs in OSX but don't care to release them until they need to do so? They seem more reactionary to Apple innovations than pre-emptive...

macdop

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2002
More importantly the need to add support for Jaguar's address book and calander functions, that is the only think I can think of that I want to see in Microsoft Office, every thing else I think that would add would just be more bloat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.