Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HaruAoki

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2014
Australia
Hello,

I have a question about iMessage with iPhone. When I send an iMessage (not an SMS) to someone the message will send but I have hope over to my Mac or iPad and send a message to the same person it will not be in the same conversion instead it will start a new one even tho i'm using the same Apple ID.

Do I have Imessage set up wrong on the devises or is there no way to merdge them together to insted of having a two conversion with everyone one on the phone and the other one a Mac or iPad.

Thank you for reading this post and I hope you all have a great day / and or night.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Hello,

I have a question about iMessage with iPhone. When I send an iMessage (not an SMS) to someone the message will send but I have hope over to my Mac or iPad and send a message to the same person it will not be in the same conversion instead it will start a new one even tho i'm using the same Apple ID.

Do I have Imessage set up wrong on the devises or is there no way to merdge them together to insted of having a two conversion with everyone one on the phone and the other one a Mac or iPad.

Thank you for reading this post and I hope you all have a great day / and or night.

You'll want to make sure that in settings new conversations start with your phone number. And that you can be reached at your phone number.

If from your phone iMessages are coming from your phone number but on your Mac they are coming from your AppleID email they will appear as two different message both under the same name.

Something to check anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.