Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Martlets93

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2011
I have an early 2011 Mac Pro running Yosemite. it's been running a little slower than normal, so I cleaned it up and when I ran Onyx I was told the HD needed to be repaired. Unfortunately, during the repair I was told to back up my files and restore the HD.

I'm running Time Machine on a Time Capsule. If I wipe my HD, as suggested, can I just restore it using my latest Time Capsule file? Will that put my computer back to how it is today, minus the issue, or just reinstall the same HD problem I have now?

Suggestions?

Thanks.

ZMacintosh

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2008
Yes, Time Machine will restore your files and applications.

You may want to consider getting a new Hard drive. sounds like you may be experiencing a hardware/hard drive failure

Martlets93

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2011
Yes, Time Machine will restore your files and applications.

You may want to consider getting a new Hard drive. sounds like you may be experiencing a hardware/hard drive failure

I'm hoping this fixes it, but if not it looks like it will be time to upgrade to a SSD. I was just concerned that I'd either lose data or re-add whatever issue it was having if I used the last Time Machine back up, since it was made after the existing issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.