Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Glockworkorange

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 10, 2015
Chicago, Illinois
I purchased a base model Space Grey about 2 and a half weeks ago.

After about three days, the machine started to "creak" every time I picked it up with one hand. It sounded like it was breaking.

I took it back to my local Apple Store and they switched it out, no problem.

Yesterday, the down arrow became jammed, sticky and noisy. I took it back to the Apple Store. Apple agreed there was a problem.

Unfortunately, they had zero models in stock, so I am waiting for a replacement. Not a huge deal, but I've had two MacBooks with two problems. What are those odds??

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
What are those odds??

Without knowing the total number of MacBook Retinas manufactured to date, the total number sold, and the total number of units returned for legitimate hardware failure reasons we have no way of knowing that. Next you're going to tell me that was a rhetorical question.

gooser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2013
maybe it's too thin. anorexic perhaps?

not serious boys and girls..........or am i?

Costino1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2012
One week in with mine...no complaints

The keys attract finger prints but thats it lol

RUGGLES99

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2015
I'll bet it was rhetorical, and you, the ultimate AR took him seriously.

Without knowing the total number of MacBook Retinas manufactured to date, the total number sold, and the total number of units returned for legitimate hardware failure reasons we have no way of knowing that. Next you're going to tell me that was a rhetorical question.

BoneHead001

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2013
Livonia,MI
I have had my Macbook for 3 days, and so far, so good. I'm very happy.
However, when I purchased a new iPad Air a year ago, I had nothing but problems and finally gave up – I was so disappointed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.