Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dekimasu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Japan
After getting a new MacBook the other day, in the Apple "Mail" program, I am attempting to sync my Inbox and other folders, but consistently come up short on the number of messages being transferred.

I have tried rebuilding the mailbox twice, which has brought the number of missing messages down to about 1% (but including 7 of the 9 things I currently have flagged). I haven't noticed a pattern, but the missing messages are not only the most recent ones (during a search, I found that one important message from February was missing).

Is there some way besides a rebuild to tell the program it needs to check for messages that are missing? My archives and sent message folders are also missing a small number of messages, and it's really frustrating. I'm wondering whether I should just go back to Outlook, which I was fairly used to in its Windows form before picking up this new Mac.

Dekimasu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Japan
All the messages that aren't transferring seem to share the attribute "Category: None (colored by Outlook 2003 Red flag)," a category which I am also unable to remove from the web version of my e-mail...

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
You are starting to notice that Microsoft uses proprietary things in Microsoft Office. Things like flags, highlights and labels will not transfer to s non-Windows version. Sometimes not even between different slightly older versions of Windows Office.

The best practice is not to use flags, highlights & labels when exchanging between systems, just use plain text when emailing too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.