Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
I've been using a JBL dock to charge my iphone every night... and I'm guessing that's the cause of it.
But it seems like my phone is bent vertically on the bottom, around the lightning port, such that the casing is warped away from the screen on both sides. In fact, on the aluminium parts directly above the lightning port, i can see the warping.

The result, the screen clicks on the bottom right and left hand corner (the casing is further away from the screen now)
Anyone that have been using the dock since September that can relate to this?

Annoying as I didn't have this problem on any of the iphones that I had before.

Thanks.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
I've been using a JBL dock to charge my iphone every night... and I'm guessing that's the cause of it.
But it seems like my phone is bent vertically on the bottom, around the lightning port, such that the casing is warped away from the screen on both sides. In fact, on the aluminium parts directly above the lightning port, i can see the warping.

The result, the screen clicks on the bottom right and left hand corner (the casing is further away from the screen now)
Anyone that have been using the dock since September that can relate to this?

Annoying as I didn't have this problem on any of the iphones that I had before.

Thanks.

Do you have any photos?

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Most likely due to you using the phone while docked. Tapping the screen and whole phone leaning back and forth. Best to wedge something behind the phone to hold it in place. Also, (do at your own risk) willing to place phone backwards on the dock and gently push the back to hopefully bend the port back straight? Well Apple Genius Bar visit definitely in your future.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Went to Apple, because my front camera had shifted again...and they replaced the phone - as a one time customer courtesy...
the bend was deemed accidental.

Figures....

----------

Most likely due to you using the phone while docked. Tapping the screen and whole phone leaning back and forth. Best to wedge something behind the phone to hold it in place. Also, (do at your own risk) willing to place phone backwards on the dock and gently push the back to hopefully bend the port back straight? Well Apple Genius Bar visit definitely in your future.

i use a JBL Onbeat micro - it has a leaning mechanism. i think its the stress of repeatedly putting the phone onto the dock. I went and had a look around at the display iphones around the apple store and saw the same issue. (they were docked, and it takes some force to put the phone in place. the impact on the phone in order to dock it i guess bends the phone over time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.