Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RUGGLES99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
My 2010 MBP i5 2.53 is in excellent shape. I'm thinking of using it as a desktop. What are my options for the best, high resolution monitor, hopefully a 27" that's reasonably priced and what do I need to hook them up. I would want to use the MBP in closed clamshell mode. TIA

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
My 2010 MBP i5 2.53 is in excellent shape. I'm thinking of using it as a desktop. What are my options for the best, high resolution monitor, hopefully a 27" that's reasonably priced and what do I need to hook them up. I would want to use the MBP in closed clamshell mode. TIA

You'll need a mini displayport to "whatever input your monitor has" adapter/cable. You'll have to determine that once you've chosen your monitor. You'll more than likely have either DVI or HDMI as an input. Or regular(not mini) displayport. It really depends.

As far as which monitor to recommend? I'd say the one that fits your needs and budget. Dell makes nice monitors.

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
Dell UltraSharp U2715H or U2515H. They're identical except for screen size (27" and 25") and price.
They come with the cable you need for connecting (a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.