Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
I am noticing periodically my watch is asking me to enter my passcode even though I am wearing it. I am wondering if it is because I am wearing it kinda loose. Do you think this could be the problem or could it be something else?

jwball

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2008
I am noticing periodically my watch is asking me to enter my passcode even though I am wearing it. I am wondering if it is because I am wearing it kinda loose. Do you think this could be the problem or could it be something else?

Definitely too lose, mine hasn't done that once.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Better hope you never accidentally leave your phone behind someplace then.

Will not happen, I never lay it down. It is either in my hand or holster, yes a holster. Even if it is stolen via robbery, there is little that is not secured on the phone. I would replace it the same day.

My chipped credit and debit cards are secure enough for me. Still not going to mess with putting a passcode in every time I want to use my phone and the finger readers have never worked well enough for me to even be considered.

Please everyone spare me the lectures, been through it a hundred times here and has not changed a thing. :p

Smith2000

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2014
Above your wrist

Try wearing your watch above the bumps at the end of your arm if you don't already. That will help maintain good contact.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Will not happen, I never lay it down. It is either in my hand or holster, yes a holster. Even if it is stolen via robbery, there is little that is not secured on the phone. I would replace it the same day.

My chipped credit and debit cards are secure enough for me. Still not going to mess with putting a passcode in every time I want to use my phone and the finger readers have never worked well enough for me to even be considered.

Please everyone spare me the lectures, been through it a hundred times here and has not changed a thing. :p

No lecture. My concern were I do to the same would be access to email. It would be possible for someone to start changing passwords before I had an opportunity to change them all on my own.

Then there's my home address. I wouldn't want a thief to have that (the "me" card in contacts).

Everything else is backed up securely.

Hardware loss is the least of my concern. The info inside my phone is far more valuable.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
No lecture. My concern were I do to the same would be access to email. It would be possible for someone to start changing passwords before I had an opportunity to change them all on my own.

Then there's my home address. I wouldn't want a thief to have that (the "me" card in contacts).

Everything else is backed up securely.

Hardware loss is the least of my concern. The info inside my phone is far more valuable.

Thanks but my home address is not there, I know better. My email address could not be changed without a separate passcode. All my passwords, codes, credit card numbers and PINs are stored on the phone in a program called Keeper and without the passcode on your 5th attempt it would destroy the information.

I have thought about these things and have taken steps so my phone is as safe as possible, but in all my years of using cell phones, I have never lost one. I know it could happen tomorrow and worst come to worst a call to ATT and my iPhone 6 is ready to go to replace my 6+ until I get by the Apple store. :apple:

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I had that happen once. I usually like to position watches a little higher up my arm but now that the weather has turned hot and humid it slid down to the lowest point on my wrist which caused enough of a gap to trigger the passcode function. Now I just put it on at that lower position and pull the strap around more. I have the leather loop band, medium, and with my small wrists it almost wraps completely back around to the watch. But the magnets keep it completely snug, no flapping of a loose end.

Since doing that I've not had the passcode activation even while sweating outdoors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.