Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reesche

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, WA
Hello... I have upgraded several of my internal HD's to Yosemite.

Running a MAC PRO desktop.... I have a Snow Leopard HD and a Yosemite HD.

When I try to reboot to Yosemite from Snow Leopard it doesn't show up in the Start Up Menu in System Preferances.

I just replaced my "corded" Logitech keyboard with a new "cordless" keyboard. With the "corded" Logitech keyboard all's I had to do is to hold down the ALt Command key and it would bring up all of my bootable discs to choose from.

Now that I configured my new "Cordless" Logitech keyboard it will not let me do it. It keeps booting up the Snow Leopard discs. Any ideas on this?

Thanks!

Reesche

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
I have a cordless Logitech keyboard. If I hold down the ALT/OPTION key right after powering up the computer, it doesn't seem to register the key press. If I wait a couple of seconds but press it right before the grey screen appears, it works and I get the OS boot options.

They keyboard itself must have a short bootup/connection time involved, and anything pressed before that time doesn't count, even though I am holding it down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.