Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cmd-Z

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2014
Coyote, CA
I ordered the new 15" rMBP a week ago (the day it came out) from B&H Photo. This saves me about $260 in sales tax I'd otherwise pay thru a direct purchase with Apple.

I ordered a 2.5 GHz/ M370X/ 1 TB configuration, so I suppose that makes this a "Build to Order" which may take a bit more time to get delivered. I'm not in any huge need to receive it soon (anxious as hell, but I can hold out) and I understand Apple-direct orders would probably deliver sooner than going through an authorized retailer like B&H, especially on a new release.

I'm OK with that, but just curious if anyone has any experience in ordering a new release from an authorized retailer like B&H. What are the timing & logistics of fulfilling my order? As I see members in this forum start to receive their 2015 15" rMBPs, would retailers be receiving them at this time too and its just a matter of them turning around and shipping to me? My order status still indicates "New order processing" after a week of waiting.

Yeah I guess I could call B&H but they were closed over the long weekend and didn't get around to calling today, so just curious if any members here have their own insights on a situation like this.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
Wow 260 savings is pretty good. Bh photo is great. You'd save on AppleCare through them too if u decide to get it.

Cmd-Z

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2014
Coyote, CA
Oh yes definitely did AC through them, saves another $105 over buying AC through Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.