Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMosher

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Canada
Hey,

Im looking to replace the PRAM battery in my G3 Lombard. To do so I assuming I have to take the battery out (protect against surge), but I am unable to figure out how. It doesnt seem to be as simple as say the G3 ibook/new system.

Ive checked out ifixit.com but they dont explain how they just tell you to do so.

Any step by step process would be great

Thanks,

Mosher

elfin buddy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2001
Tuttlingen, Germany
Hmmm...not quite

Sorry, but it's actually my Lombard laptop for which MacMosher posted this question (we're neighbours). The problem I'm having is removing the expansion bays (the battery and the cd-rom drive) so that I can access the PRAM battery. The PRAM battery is located beneath part of the cd-rom, so it needs to come out before I can fix it.

It seems to me that everyone thinks removing the expansion bays is general knowledge. Every guide I've read that "explains" how to change the battery, add a new hard drive, or even add RAM just says to "remove battery" and that's it. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it!! I'm about to freak! haha :p

I've read articles referring to some sort of release tab that I need to pull in order to remove the drives, but I can't find any sort of latch anywhere besides the latch that catches the LCD.

I appreciate any help whatsoever that I can get on this! Thanks!

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
elfin buddy said:
Sorry, but it's actually my Lombard laptop for which MacMosher posted this question (we're neighbours). The problem I'm having is removing the expansion bays (the battery and the cd-rom drive) so that I can access the PRAM battery. The PRAM battery is located beneath part of the cd-rom, so it needs to come out before I can fix it.

It seems to me that everyone thinks removing the expansion bays is general knowledge. Every guide I've read that "explains" how to change the battery, add a new hard drive, or even add RAM just says to "remove battery" and that's it. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it!! I'm about to freak! haha :p

I've read articles referring to some sort of release tab that I need to pull in order to remove the drives, but I can't find any sort of latch anywhere besides the latch that catches the LCD.

I appreciate any help whatsoever that I can get on this! Thanks!

You sure its a Lombard?
Here is how you release the drives.

25002_1.gif

You can also find more information in the articles on http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=50030

elfin buddy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2001
Tuttlingen, Germany
Good Lord, man! That's awesome! Though, I do feel like a bit of a moron not knowing that...very well camoflaged on Apple's part.

THANK YOU! That's exactly what I was looking for!!!

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
elfin buddy said:
Good Lord, man! That's awesome! Though, I do feel like a bit of a moron not knowing that...very well camoflaged on Apple's part.

No worries man...My first PB was a Lombard and it took me a little while to figure out how to get my Zip100 module in :eek: ;)

MacMosher

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Canada
elfin buddy said:

Oh My God, thats intense I would have never guessed that for the life of me. Thats crazy, dont worry "elfin" we can be morons together.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.