Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jungledas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2015
I started a thread a few month back in which I was finally told the only way I could update my iPad2 on 4.3.5 would be through iTunes. Waiting for the next jailbreak to be released, i was wondering what could be the best move. Update first through iTunes (btw could anyone tell me what is the current ios version one can update his iPad today?) then waiting for the jb to be released which could last months or never OR wait first for the jailbreak and then update but considering the last option, by the time the jailbreak is available, wouldn't Apple release a new ios soon afterwar? Any help to sort this one out?
Thanks

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Personally, the first thing I'd do is disabuse you of the notion a later firmware will run as well on your iPad 2 as 4.3.5

You have a rare machine as it stands and one you may want to pitch on 8.3

jungledas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2015
You have a rare machine as it stands and one you may want to pitch on 8.3
As a non english speaker, I m not sure what you mean by pitch on. Do you mean stick to the 4.3.5 i am currently using and forget about any update or update to the last ios version 8.3 with no guaranty it will ever get jailbroken?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
As a non english speaker, I m not sure what you mean by pitch on. Do you mean stick to the 4.3.5 i am currently using and forget about any update or update to the last ios version 8.3 with no guaranty it will ever get jailbroken?
What he means is that you have a device that works well on your current firmware.

If you update the device to 8.3 he believes (and is probably correct) that you will have a device that does NOT work well on 8.3. And that may frustrate you and make you want to throw your iPad 2 in the garbage (pitch on 8.3).

He is making the strong suggestion that you stay on your current firmware.

jungledas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2015
He is making the strong suggestion that you stay on your current firmware.
Ok, I get it now. Sticking on my current firmware may be the best option but who is getting frustated about it is my son as no games is released for it anymore.
Thank you for your lights
btw, could you anyway inform me about my dilemna exposed in the first post?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.