Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techwoman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2014
USA
I am working on a web based app which I am testing on iPad and iPhone, both using assets present locally in resource bundle and on server.

When the assets (css, js, images) are present locally in resource bundle, the space between 2 images is what I expect it to be (say ex: 50 px) on both iPad and iPhone. But if the assets are present on the server, then the space gap between 2 images looks pretty huge. So much that an entire another image can fit in between.

I am trying to understand why this could be happening. After googling, I found the rendering can happen differently while using the resources locally and while using them from server. Is this right? What can I do to make it look same as what I am seeing when I test using assets in resource bundle.

bjet767

Suspended
Oct 2, 2010
You really don't provide enough info for anyone to help.

A .jpg or .pnf are the same no matter where stored so the issue can't be the actual image.

You need to provide either code examples or more detail about your project and the different devices you are using the images on.

Are you using UIWebView, Safari or something else in this app?
Are you coding in HTML and then displaying it?
What "assets" and how are you getting them from an app bundle in iOS?
Are you actually writing an app for iOS or just relying on Safari?
Too many issues to help unless you give your readers more info.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.