Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 18, 2009
Anyone else?

I used to be able to unlock the watch just by unlocking my iphone, but it doesn't work anymore. After the update, i noticed it stopped working, and when I went into the settings page, it was switched off. I tried to turn it on, and it asks for my passcode on the watch. After I enter it, it closes the page on the phone, and when I go back, it is off again. No way to turn it on.

IllusionEntity

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2013
Kent, UK
Anyone else?

I used to be able to unlock the watch just by unlocking my iphone, but it doesn't work anymore. After the update, i noticed it stopped working, and when I went into the settings page, it was switched off. I tried to turn it on, and it asks for my passcode on the watch. After I enter it, it closes the page on the phone, and when I go back, it is off again. No way to turn it on.

I have the opposite issue. My watch will unlock via my iPhone even when its not on my wrist. I can leave my watch on my desk, unlock my phone and watch my watch unlock also.

kingalien

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2010
Earth
I have the same issue, no longer able to unlock with iPhone after update. Do you get corporate emails through an exchange account? Trying to see if this may be the reason.

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
I have the opposite issue. My watch will unlock via my iPhone even when its not on my wrist. I can leave my watch on my desk, unlock my phone and watch my watch unlock also.

I had this issue a couple weeks ago where wrist detection was broken, also noticed the heart rate monitor was no longer working. Restarted the Watch and all back to normal.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
I have the same issue, no longer able to unlock with iPhone after update. Do you get corporate emails through an exchange account? Trying to see if this may be the reason.

I get corporate exchange emails on my phone and haven't experienced this.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Anyone else?

Happened to my wife's. Password box came up but never turned on. A reboot of the phone and watch fixed it.

Cellanjie

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2016
I had the same problem. The way I fixed it was turning Airplane Mode ON my phone, then turned it back off again. Everything worked correctly afterwards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.