Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ksukhin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2013
I have Yosemite and Bootcamp installed on 2 different partitions. I needed more space for Windows, so I decided to create a 3rd (exFAT) partition split from the OSX one in order to be able to put files from Win7 there.

Apparently, Apple doesn't allow this and I completely lost my ability to boot into Windows. I removed the extra partition, hoping that I won't have to reinstall everything again. Is there any way to have files LAUNCH from the OS X partition while booted in windows?

I have not found another workaround to this problem.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 7.58.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 7.58.55 PM.png
    364.9 KB · Views: 145
  • Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 7.59.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 7.59.04 PM.png
    324.2 KB · Views: 117

ksukhin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2013
I have Yosemite and Bootcamp installed on 2 different partitions. I needed more space for Windows, so I decided to create a 3rd (exFAT) partition split from the OSX one in order to be able to put files from Win7 there.

Apparently, Apple doesn't allow this and I completely lost my ability to boot into Windows. I removed the extra partition, hoping that I won't have to reinstall everything again. Is there any way to have files LAUNCH from the OS X partition while booted in windows?

I have not found another workaround to this problem.

UPDATE 1: I Removed the "shared" partition but windows still won't boot even though the files are all there. Will try to repair it with a bootable USB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.