Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peglegjack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So I've been through the Shure SE215, which were good until they started to short out after about 10 months. Then I tried the Jaybird Bluebuds X, and those were just a near disaster. Never could get them perfectly in my ears (though became serviceable) and completely quit working after 4 months. Also I have psoriasis so I think there are issues with earwax and that kind've stuff, so I just don't think the in-ear style works for me as much as I'd want them to.

Basically I'm looking for earphones that I can jog in that won't fall out, that aren't in-ear headphones. Honestly the old style Apple earphones with the rubber borders were perfect for just this purpose and stayed in my ears forever. I may just try to hunt down a pair of those, but I was wondering if someone made a pair in this style that was a step up in quality. If someone could point out this mythical pair of earphones to me, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

Thanks

peglegjack

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Sennheiser MX 365 are quite good IMO. Some people are super fussy, but I think they have good sound quality.

I might have to check those out. I ended up getting some old Apple ones on eBay, supposed to be here tomorrow. I'm just not going to spend $100 on earphones that last just as long as the cheap ones. I've been burned too many times.

And this is coming from someone who values sound and has a pretty nice home audio setup.

Reactions: bingefeller

kohlson

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2010
Ears come in different shapes (informative article by David Pogue a few years ago on this). I like the "new" style buds, and my wife and daughter can't stand them. Third-party cell phone accessory sites have them - usually well under $10.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.