Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Y2JDMBFAN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
I pre-ordered the 42mm Stainless Steel w/ BSB and got it delivered 2 weeks ago. I've been so busy since moving to a new house I haven't even opened the FedEx box yet. I am wondering if I should just send it back, even though I haven't opened it. I am curious about the device, but I do switch back and forth between my iPhone and Android, and I am afraid it won't be of much use when I am using my Galaxy S6 Edge. Plus, I have a collection of nice Swiss watches I normally wear...I think I know the answer, just send it back, but something in the back of my mind wants me to open it and try it.

ParishYoung

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2008
Bristol, South West UK
I pre-ordered the 42mm Stainless Steel w/ BSB and got it delivered 2 weeks ago. I've been so busy since moving to a new house I haven't even opened the FedEx box yet. I am wondering if I should just send it back, even though I haven't opened it. I am curious about the device, but I do switch back and forth between my iPhone and Android, and I am afraid it won't be of much use when I am using my Galaxy S6 Edge. Plus, I have a collection of nice Swiss watches I normally wear...I think I know the answer, just send it back, but something in the back of my mind wants me to open it and try it.

Send it back. If you wanted it enough you'd have opened it by now, and you're about to run out of time to get a decent mark up on it.

EdisEdward

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2013
OP, u have the option to call apple today and tell them u r returning it, and they will send u a box and U have an additional 14 days to return it and decide

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
OP, u have the option to call apple today and tell them u r returning it, and they will send u a box and U have an additional 14 days to return it and decide

Really? This I didn't know. I thought you only had 14 days to return it? I didn't know they send you a shipping box to "extend" the return window.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Really? This I didn't know. I thought you only had 14 days to return it? I didn't know they send you a shipping box to "extend" the return window.

I don't know about the sending a box part, but once you initial a return you do have additional days to return it.

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
In my case, I initiated the return just before the 14 day deadline and Apple emailed me a UPS return shipping label... this extended the return date by a further 10+ days for me. I actually sold the watch since then and just contacted Apple to let them know that I had changed my mind, they had no issues with that. Hope this helps.

EdisEdward

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2013

Maybe they just send u a label instead of a full box, but the point is you will have 10-14 more days to ship it out and decide

foxkoneko

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2011
if you call in and request a return label, they'll email you the pre-paid label and you got 14 days to ship it (+14 days)

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
I've listed it, but no bites at all.

Depends on your asking price. Got to remember the loyal fans that had to have the watch day one were paying top dollar for them. Most of them have received their watch of choice. So the value has dropped off. I've seen 42mm SG go for 500-600. At launch it was over 1k. So keep that in mind. But you might get lucky. ;)

Newjackboy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
Open it and play around. Don't think you're doing Apple any favours by sending back a sealed box. They will still open it to make sure the same watch is inside

Y2JDMBFAN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
How much? The values have dropped off but I sold a 42mm Space Gray yesterday for $700.

I got an offer for $700, but after fees, it doesn't make sense, because I would make a whole $16, not worth the hassle. I would need to make at least $100 after fees to make it worthwhile, otherwise I will just send it back to Apple.

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
Considering your situation (minus moving part), surprised you even bothered to order one.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
If you really switch between an iPhone and Android phone so frequently, then I would think a Pebble watch would get more use.
Although if you're on wifi regularly, the Apple Watch will still have some limited use. You could even connect it to your S6's hotspot.

CaptHook

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2015
I got an offer for $700, but after fees, it doesn't make sense, because I would make a whole $16, not worth the hassle. I would need to make at least $100 after fees to make it worthwhile, otherwise I will just send it back to Apple.

Yes, it doesn't make sense to sell for less than $900 on eBay. Even then it is questionable.

Have you tried Craigslist?

Y2JDMBFAN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
I have until the 30th to "ship it" according to the shipping label I got last week for it. Might just open it now as I don't see the point in not if I am not selling it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.