Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Mar 25, 2006, 01:40 PM   #1
StoneWolf
macrumors newbie

12" Powerbook "Final Clearance"

Hi Everyone.

I just checked my local Best Buy flyer (for Vancouver, BC, Canada) and it had both the Mac Mini G4 and 12" iBook G4 on "final clearance". It's a given that an iBook replacement is coming, but it is still interesting to see it on clearance since no official Apple announcement has been made.

*EDIT*
Correction, it's the 12" POWERBOOK G4 that's on "final clearance". The plot thickens....

Last edited by StoneWolf; Mar 25, 2006 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Innacurate title
StoneWolf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 01:42 PM   #2
menziep
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneWolf
Hi Everyone.

I just checked my local Best Buy flyer (for Vancouver, BC, Canada) and it had both the Mac Mini G4 and 12" iBook G4 on "final clearance". Its a given that an iBook replacement is coming, but it is still interesting to see it on clearance since no official Apple announcement has been made.
Lets Hope The Intel iBook (Macbook) is Coming Soon
menziep is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 01:44 PM   #3
zap2
macrumors 604

Could we see all intel Macs by Augest 06?(reason the pushed it back was it have a chip for the Servers and PowerMacs, and then we all would be intel?)

And when does eMac go intel
Old Mar 25, 2006, 01:47 PM   #4
Lau

I've got an iBook on order and in spite of 3-5 days shipping quoted, it isn't going to ship until 31st March. I did wonder if that was an indication.

It's annoying though - cause I need it now, and I don't really want an intel one now - I want something reliable and that will run Adobe stuff fast. I must be the only person who doesn't want to be upgraded to a MacBook!
  0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 01:49 PM   #5
zap2
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lau
I've got an iBook on order and in spite of 3-5 days shipping quoted, it isn't going to ship until 31st March. I did wonder if that was an indication.

It's annoying though - cause I need it now, and I don't really want an intel one now - I want something reliable and that will run Adobe stuff fast. I must be the only person who doesn't want to be upgraded to a MacBook!

You and all the people who said the sky was falling when the Mac Mini had IIG
Old Mar 25, 2006, 01:53 PM   #6
iShane
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by zap2
Could we see all intel Macs by Augest 06?(reason the pushed it back was it have a chip for the Servers and PowerMacs, and then we all would be intel?)

And when does eMac go intel

Isn't the eMac...gone?
iShane is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 01:54 PM   #7
p0intblank
macrumors 68030

This is clearly an indication that the MacBook is coming very soon.
The #1 source for accessories compatible with Apple's new Mac Pro
Have a suggestion? Contact me here!
p0intblank is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 02:03 PM   #8
StoneWolf
macrumors newbie

Sorry everyone - I read it too quickly. It's actually the 12" POWERBOOK G4 that's on "final clearance". I think this is even more interesting
StoneWolf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 02:24 PM   #9
technicolor
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipskop24
Isn't the eMac...gone?
They are still available in the education stores.
technicolor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 02:45 PM   #10
m-dogg
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipskop24
Isn't the eMac...gone?
They are still available for bulk orders in the edu store.
m-dogg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 03:37 PM   #11
dcv
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lau

Did you check the UK Refurb Store? They have 30% off PowerBooks right now.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 03:51 PM   #12
ipacmm
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to ipacmm
Well I hope that this tuesday some new products will come out.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 04:09 PM   #13
Lau

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcokevanilla
Did you check the UK Refurb Store? They have 30% off PowerBooks right now.
Thanks - yeah, I did have a look. The only one my pathetic budget* will stretch to has a 60 GB drive and is slightly more than a Edu iBook with a 80 GB hard drive. I think I'd rather have the 80 GB than the speed. The higher specs are a bit out of budget, and I hope to maybe buy a desktop when I get some cash, so the iBook should be grand if it does in fact ever ship...

*I keep spending money on stuff like trips to London...
  0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 08:09 PM   #14
Dr. Who
macrumors newbie

Best Buy $300 Off PowerBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneWolf
Hi Everyone.

I just checked my local Best Buy flyer (for Vancouver, BC, Canada) and it had both the Mac Mini G4 and 12" iBook G4 on "final clearance". It's a given that an iBook replacement is coming, but it is still interesting to see it on clearance since no official Apple announcement has been made.

*EDIT*
Correction, it's the 12" POWERBOOK G4 that's on "final clearance". The plot thickens....
I was also in Best Buy today (London, Ontario) and when I asked about the $300 price reduction on the PowerBook, the sales person told me that they were out and they would be getting some replacements in this week. I asked whether he know if they would be the Intel versions and he said maybe and to check back later this week. He told me that new shipments would arrive sometime between Tuesday and Thursday. The $300 off was for the 12" PowerBook. The iBooks were not on sale. What do you think this means? New PowerBooks, but no new iBooks?? Why would you reduce a current PowerBook by that much if something new wasn't around the corner?
Dr. Who is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 12:31 AM   #15
trogdor!
macrumors regular

Maybe the 12 inch and 17 inch macbook pros are right around the corner?
trogdor! is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 05:03 AM   #16
Dr. Who
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trogdor!
Maybe the 12 inch and 17 inch macbook pros are right around the corner?
Maybe, but I am really hoping for the iBook. I tell you I was pretty tempted at that price had there been any in stock.
Dr. Who is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs