Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Max on Macs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Milton Keynes, UK
Hi guys,

I've had my MacBook Pro for about two and a half weeks now. Ever since I got it the top riht corner of the touchpad has been sticking out from the aluminium casing, but it didn't really bother me so I didn't do anything about it. Now just today I was using it, I clicked the mouse and there was a creeking sound like metal scratching more metal and the little bit of metal on the front above the button for the latch bent outwards. now when I click the mouse it clicks twice... I called up AppleCare and they can't seem to understand what I'm trying to tell them. What should I do about this?

Thanks

sel1965

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2006
KC, MO
Max on Macs said:
Hi guys,

I've had my MacBook Pro for about two and a half weeks now. Ever since I got it the top riht corner of the touchpad has been sticking out from the aluminium casing, but it didn't really bother me so I didn't do anything about it. Now just today I was using it, I clicked the mouse and there was a creeking sound like metal scratching more metal and the little bit of metal on the front above the button for the latch bent outwards. now when I click the mouse it clicks twice... I called up AppleCare and they can't seem to understand what I'm trying to tell them. What should I do about this?

Thanks

Make an appointment with an apple store genius and take your MBP into the store.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
BiikeMike said:
I don't quite understand what you are trying to say either...........:confused:

Call the nearest Apple store and take it to one of the 'geniuses' there, who will be able to look at it and determine what to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.