Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
MacOSRumors updates with some rumors, claiming that:

- Xserve RAID has supply/reliability issues
- 1.42GHz processors are too hot for the current Xserve 1U unit
- iMac/eMac updates "in a 6-8 week timeframe".
- OS X 10.2.4 update "near the end of the month"

This is contrary to reliable rumors pegging the iMac update this Tuesday (Feb 4th), as well as an imminent 10.2.4 upgrade.

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
And anyone who has seen and heard the BLOWER (not a mere fan!) in the Xserve would have no doubt that it is up to the task of cooling something much hotter than the current 1GHz processors.

MacOSRumors seems to be the "loose cannon" of rumor sites. Perhaps their sources are given to considerable leg-pulling.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by cubist
And anyone who has seen and heard the BLOWER (not a mere fan!) in the Xserve would have no doubt that it is up to the task of cooling something much hotter than the current 1GHz processors.

MacOSRumors seems to be the "loose cannon" of rumor sites. Perhaps their sources are given to considerable leg-pulling.

I honestly feel they have gotten to the point of just speculating on most topics.

arn

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Not to pile on (ok yes, I am pilling on) I think that since MOSR has said iMacs/eMacs in 6-8 weeks, that they will definitely be released Tuesday. It's like a contrarian conformation.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by arn

I honestly feel they have gotten to the point of just speculating on most topics.

arn

I have gotten the same impression. They seem to use sound reasoning, but their accuracy has been horrible lately.

AssassinOfGates

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
A cardboard box.
Heh, those ppl were way off whe I started reading them to find out what my powermac would be like. I only heard about em through Steve Jobs's biography, so I thoght they would be credible... guess I was wrong. They need to stop speculating and get some real sources.

Aureth

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2003
MOSR has been around forever; i remeber following them as early as five or six years ago. Lately, they've been updating infrequently, and with seeming wild speculation. That, and their constant begging for hardware has always annoyed me.

Still, with Apple having updated so much of their product line last month, iMac updates this week do seem a bit far-fetched. We'll see...I'm waiting to buy one, so the sooner the better for me.

kmac

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2003
Thailand
Originally posted by arn

arn

arn,

how sure are you on this one (imac, feb 4)? I've really come to rely on you alone, so I hope you won't let us all down.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by kmac

arn,

how sure are you on this one (imac, feb 4)? I've really come to rely on you alone, so I hope you won't let us all down.

pretty sure I guess. :)

arn

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by arn

pretty sure I guess. :)

arn

ha, nothing like 20/20 hindsight there....;)

is interesting to see that they're wrong on one thing, now lets see when the other 'predictions' come to pass.

D

Trinity570

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2003
Central PA
surprise

"Yesterday Apple surprised the community with a modest upgrade to its 17-inch iMac, bumping the processor to 1GHz, its main bus to 133MHz, its GeForce4MX graphics card to 64MB, and adding DDR memory along with Airport Extreme support. Both iMac models gain faster 4X Superdrive options, bigger and faster hard disks, and the 15-inch model's price tag has dropped to a very affordable $1299."

This is what MacOSRumors posted today. Surprised? The only ones surprised were them because everyone else was reporting that they were coming on the 4th or the week of the 3rd.

I only go there to get a good laugh anymore. Between them and Spymac, I think they are just making stuff up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.