Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
Hiya i have a Illistrator CS2 licance but its windows, it was a gift and its kinda well the wrong one lol. well what i was wondering if i download illistrator CS2 trial would my windows CS2 licance work with it.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
babyjenniferLB said:
Hiya i have a Illistrator CS2 licance but its windows, it was a gift and its kinda well the wrong one lol. well what i was wondering if i download illistrator CS2 trial would my windows CS2 licance work with it.
No, the codes are different.
Contact Adobe to crossgrade your software.

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
ok, sorry about my spelling but the words jump about the screen i got my head is kinda broken you know. so i can cross grade it. its a full boxed version but it came form the uk my mum got me it and im in thailand i took 40 days for it to get here post so i cant just send it back, how do i go about crossgradeing it?.

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
babyjenniferLB said:
Ok, sorry about my spelling, but the words jump about the screen I got. My head is kind of broken you know. So I can crossgrade it. It's a full boxed version, but it came form the UK. My mum got me it and I'm in Thailand. It took 40 days to get here by post, so I can't just send it back. How do i go about crossgrading it?

Have you given http://www.adobe.co.uk a go? You probably will be able to purchase the crossgrade online (ie download the application and receive the licence key via e-mail). Or just phone Adobe's support/help-line (could be expensive though!).

Don't Thai keyboards have a shift key? ;-) :-D

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
The version of cs2 suite premuim that my employer owns includes both the mac and pc keys. However, it only included pc install disks.

:confused:

Either way, you're sunk.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
Does Adobe let you download a Demo?

Download there Demo and type you're code in and see if it works, that's what I'd do. :)

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
lilstewart92 said:
Does Adobe let you download a Demo?

Download there Demo and type you're code in and see if it works, that's what I'd do. :)
No, I don't think so. All the CS apps are really big (too big to download). Macromedia allow you to do that; their apps are generally around the 100MB range (I don't know about the latest ones though), and type in a code (legally or otherwise). For this reason Adobe won't let you download it to help prevent piracy. If they did I'd have downloaded Photoshop CS2 long ago.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
ChrisG said:
No, I don't think so. All the CS apps are really big (too big to download). Macromedia allow you to do that; their apps are generally around the 100MB range (I don't know about the latest ones though), and type in a code (legally or otherwise). For this reason Adobe won't let you download it to help prevent piracy. If they did I'd have downloaded Photoshop CS2 long ago.

Illustrator tryout
http://adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jsp#product=27

Photoshop tryout
http://adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jsp#product=39

Both in the 300-450mb range...

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
ChrisG said:
Yeah just noiced that...sorry! My mistake:eek:
*Is now downloading Photoshop CS2*
me downloading the illistrator cs 2 tryout mac i hope my code works for it.

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
babyjenniferLB said:
me downloading the illistrator cs 2 tryout mac i hope my code works for it.
dosnt let you enter you product code like macromedia dose. so i would have to get a mac cd.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.