Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coconn06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2003
King of Prussia, PA
I'm still using Panther on my PowerMac, and just recently I decided to install the developer tools again (had them a while ago but have since formatted my hard drive). I seem to remember having XCode 1.5, but the installer installs XCode 1.0. I can't seem to find a way to upgrade it within XCode or on Apple's developer site. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, is there any good reason for me to even bother upgrading? Keep in mind I'll be using XCode just for learning and/or personal projects.

Thanks

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Its true that 2.2 is only for Tiger however you can still get 1.5 for Panther (10.3) though

1. log into http://developer.apple.com/

2. Click on the downloads link

3. Click on the developer tools link on the right hand side

4. Scroll about 2/3 of the way down the page until you find a download for
'Xcode Tools v1.5' (or search for this without quotation marks.)

5. Download the CD Image

It is a 372MB file so will take a while to download even if you have broadband.

I would have thought if you have broadband it's probably worth updating as they will have fixed bugs and stuff, in my experience Xcode isn't the worlds most stable app ever, if you don't have broadband as its a 370MB file I probably wouldn't bother.

edit
If you plan to code in C++ it may be worth downloading the November 2004 gcc updater a bit further down, this can only be used with XCode 1.5, it updates gcc 3.3

coconn06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2003
King of Prussia, PA
Thanks very much Eraserhead...that was the exact page I was looking for. Downloading both Xcode 1.5 and the November 2004 GCC update now, and it will only take ~15 minutes =)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.