Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 3, 2003, 07:56 AM   #1
TMA
macrumors 6502a

Leaked Safari beta (v56)

Hey

Theres a leaked safari beta around calling itself version 56 (in the about safari box) and is indeed genuine. Though I don't know if its a public release or an internal build it has found its way out. There aren't really any new features (no tabs before you ask) though there is now an iTunes style 'X' butten in the Google bar to delete what you have typed.

It also seems to be faster (snappier?) (its probably had its debug code removed lol) but seriously it seems to render a little faster, doesn't sit with a blank window for as long when entering a page. Flash also seems a little faster though I haven't checked this properly. I'm sure there will also be some bug fixes but to be honest i've not really had any issues with Safari so far (apart from some cookie/cache problems which dont look like they're fixed yet)

My guess is this will be released this week or early next week. But as I said it could just be an internal build.

I don't encourage sharing leaked software like this so I will not send it to anyone and please dont ask where I found it.
Old Feb 3, 2003, 08:28 AM   #2
medea
macrumors 68030

oh gee then, why should we not belive you? thanks for info man, you sure are on top of things. blah.
Solipsist's Creed:
Zero's company, one's a crowd.
medea is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2003, 08:34 AM   #3
TMA
macrumors 6502a

Yeah but how do i prove it?

Ok i'm just trying to share some information here, I'm not out to prove anything or play games.

I could upload a snapshot of the About Safari box but then I could be accused of using Photoshop. Also would increase chances of Apple legal getting involved.

The admin at Appleinsider also has it, so if you can't trust me have a look over there.
Old Feb 3, 2003, 08:51 AM   #4
sparkleytone
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to sparkleytone
yeah...its around. dont worry about the flames, some people are just idiots.

and i really dont think there is an NDA around this software. If you pick up a build good for you. The open sourced nature of it makes it sketchy territory.
sparkleytone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2003, 09:25 AM   #5
TMA
macrumors 6502a

thx

I just thought the information might be appreciated (it is?)

I've also just noticed the time out in safari has been changed from 30 seconds to 60 seconds.

About the NDA - I'm not working for Apple anyway so I don't see how that could effect me. Also there was no agreement included with the file (it didn't auto install/unmount either)
Old Feb 3, 2003, 10:17 AM   #6
Kid Red
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally posted by sparkleytone
yeah...its around. dont worry about the flames, some people are just idiots.

and i really dont think there is an NDA around this software. If you pick up a build good for you. The open sourced nature of it makes it sketchy territory.
Yes, there is an NDA in relationship to Safari any any software/hardware not released to the public. I have signed it, and no, none of the safari builds are intended for public consumption. You will be disspointed and better off waiting for the final release.
Kid Red is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2003, 12:04 PM   #7
cyks
macrumors 68020

" Yes, there is an NDA in relationship to Safari any any software/hardware not released to the public. I have signed it, and no, none of the safari builds are intended for public consumption. You will be disspointed and better off waiting for the final release."

I may be wrong...but isn't beta v51 currently intended for the public? If not...Apple should really think about taking it off thier site.
cyks is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2003, 12:46 PM   #8
springscansing
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by cyks
" Yes, there is an NDA in relationship to Safari any any software/hardware not released to the public. I have signed it, and no, none of the safari builds are intended for public consumption. You will be disspointed and better off waiting for the final release."

I may be wrong...but isn't beta v51 currently intended for the public? If not...Apple should really think about taking it off thier site.
Seriously... I have the latest Safari builds on my Carracho server. People throw them around like nuts. I do not think Apple cares really.
springscansing is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store