Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joseph2166

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
So boot camp is a trial - a trial apple loveingly gave us without telling us how long it was lasting... I've no problem with couging up the money when leopard comes along, but I hope apple don't stop these 'trials' of bootcamp before then!

Any comments on what you think apple are up to?

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
joseph2166 said:
So boot camp is a trial - a trial apple loveingly gave us without telling us how long it was lasting... I've no problem with couging up the money when leopard comes along, but I hope apple don't stop these 'trials' of bootcamp before then!

The in the license agreement it says it will expire in September 2007, that's a lot of time. I wouldn't worry about it since Mac OS X 10.5 should be released by then with the final version of Boot Camp. ;)

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
helicine said:
I also wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some sort up "updated beta" well before then too
It will probably be like iChat AV in Mac OS X 10.2 "Jaguar", you can pay $15 or $30 or something to keep using Jaguar with the iChat AV or when you updated to Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" it was included.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
LimeiBook86 said:
The in the license agreement it says it will expire in September 2007, that's a lot of time. I wouldn't worry about it since Mac OS X 10.5 should be released by then with the final version of Boot Camp. ;)

Good point LimeiBook86. :) No need to worry about Boot Camp expiring on you anytime soon joseph2166. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.