Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

semaja2

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2005
Adelaide
ZildjianKX said:
It's free, so I'm not advertising for money, I just thought some people might actually get some use out of it.

It sleeps your computer when an upload or download finishes, so you can use it when you go to sleep.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/29551

Enjoy :)

Any feedback would be appreciate too.

looks like it has some new concepts in the way to work out if downloads have stopped, you should include a lowest value option, so like my mac always is sendning data non stop at about 2kb/s so you program would never sleep my mac

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2006
Clovis, CA
Any chance you could write a chlorophorm app that will make my Mini stay asleep? j/k

Congrats on the release!

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 18, 2003
semaja2 said:
looks like it has some new concepts in the way to work out if downloads have stopped, you should include a lowest value option, so like my mac always is sendning data non stop at about 2kb/s so you program would never sleep my mac

I agree with you on that, there was so many features I wanted to put in version 1.0 that I had to draw the line somewhere. It will definitely be in the next release.

Right now my program uses netstat to check incoming and outgoing packets, does anyone know if 1 packet roughly equals 1 KB?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.