Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is this site? (effectivness, pleasing to the eye)

• Top notch! Very Proffesional!

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Very nice! Just a changes could be made.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Fugly! Almost blinding!

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

marchcapital

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Canada
dogbone said:
I can't take my eyes off the attrocious logo of doom. Otherwise it looks fine for the type of site it is.

lol it is the logo of doom...ive been telling the ppl that...there close to changing it i think:confused:

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
I really like it! I actually want to buy a couple lamps/furniture. too bad there are no prices or customizable pieces (ie black leather instead of 'chocolate') nice job.

The 'O' has to go. Give the whole logo a more 3D effect, bevel it, emboss it, something, for a website that looks that nice, the logo is the only sore spot :)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It is certainly not a bad site at all. I don't care about the logo either.

The Past

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2004
United States
Makes a good starting impression. Yet, from all the UI testing that I do, I have seen interest dropping to almost zero among users the minute they realize a site is no more than one click deep. Right after that, they will even find the transparent product info. rather annoying.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
didn't we do this site before march? Why bring it up again? I'm guessing your client wants you to copy it exactly or something because you keep referring to it's style.

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
Boston
The poll doesn't really give you many options - it goes from great to very good to unacceptable. Where is the choice for "eh, it's aight."?

Anyway - the logo is horrendous, like mentioned before, and overall it feels too loose. I know that it is supposed to be open and airy, but the proportions and layout are just too loose.

I can't really explain - you can tell it is trying to emulate a style, rather than having one.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
I think it's just a little too 'ham-handed', especially the big type elements. They just don't seem crafted very well. The photography is nice, the typography is not.

Maxiseller

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
Little grey, chilly island.
Not knowing an awful lot about webdesign but a lot about shopping (!) I am able to offer a consumer viewpoint.

The actual design (including the O which I like?!) is very striking and I like it! However as somebody mentioned, the fact that there are no pricing, product information, ordering or anything more than one click deep mean that I am likely to google for other home furnishing (etc) online emporiums.

It's basically a huge advertisement, and nothing more. it doesn't serve a purpose. Also, I was trying to click on the three blobs in the top right to take me to the "home" page of the relevant topic...no such transfer occured.

Nice design, work to do...

EDIT : it appears MarchCapital has been banned...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.