Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gary King

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
How do I minimize a full screen app or game? For example, if I were in a game, that takes up the entire screen, how do I get back to the desktop without exiting the game? Kind of like on Windows, when you open the Start menu while in a game, it brings you back to the desktop.

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
With some games, it's just impossible. With others, there's no universal method, unfortunately. (Like UT2004 uses Option-Return, I think.) Read the docs, which will tell you how to do it, if it's possible.

--Eric

angelweengz

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2009
I think I found how to do it. I tried COMMAND + Return key. It worked for my fullscreen Sims Game. It makes the window like an almost fullscreen normal window. Hope this works for you!

Reactions: Talhapidha

boogiequeen

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
I think i figured it out

the best way. and i know the seems to be a silly solution but it worked for me for Uberstrike HD from the mac app store. great free FPS by the way. so i jus held down command while in the game and slowly went through every single letter and number and other butto(e.g. "return","option" etc...) and command-F worked for me. try this and let me know if this works :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.