Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old May 28, 2014, 08:52 PM   #1
AgentOrange96
macrumors newbie

iPod Touch 4G appears to be off, but isn't.

Hello. Yesterday I updated finally to iOS 6.1.6 on my iPod and then jail broke it again and since it's been doing this thing every few hours or so where it acts like it is off. Neither button does anything, and then screen doesn't turn on nor does the backlight. Plugging it in doesn't yield an observable reaction either, nor does plugging ear buds and pressing the button on them that should play music. Holding down the power button does not start the iPod, which is why I believe it is still on, but holding down power and home DOES reset it, which would also indicate that it is on. This is quite an inconvenience, so needless to say, I'd like to get this figured out. Thanks for any help I get!

It's in a coma! :O

Last edited by AgentOrange96; May 28, 2014 at 09:00 PM. Reason: coma joke
AgentOrange96 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2014, 05:40 PM   #2
benpete420
macrumors newbie

Might Work

I would think your device is in a mix of both DFU mode and in the real mode. First off, I think you should get it to its "on" state. Then, I would recommend you remove the jailbreak using an ISPW restoration. This should fix the problem.
benpete420 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod