Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Apr 17, 2006, 05:33 AM   #1
WaRrK
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to WaRrK
Accessing current directory in Automator

Hi,

I'm convinced this should be really easy, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it!

I'm wanting to write an Automator action that takes the selected images in finder and then generates thumbnails of them (with the thumbnails having the same names as the full size images) into a newly created sub-folder.

The difficulty I'm coming up against is being able to create the new folder in the current directory - the "where" attribute wants me to hard code a path, where I really want it to just be in the same directory as the images (or "." for Unix folks!)

Thanks in advance,
Ash
WaRrK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2006, 05:47 AM   #2
Mitthrawnuruodo

I think you need to just make the new folder somewhere easily accessible, like the Desktop, and then move it to wherever you want it afterwords, unless you want to do some scripting (AppleScript or shell)... Automator is for ease of use, not always the power you need or want. It's a fair trade off, IMO...

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming