Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community

Old Feb 6, 2003, 11:02 PM   #1
LethalWolfe
macrumors Demi-God

Talking Best... interview... ice breaker... evar!

(FYI, I have black hair w/colored highlights) I have an interview for some freelance editing tomorrow and I'm sure part of the conversation is going to go like this:

Matt (guy I'm meeting with): I know this is gonna sound odd, but your face looks, well, a bit pink.
Me: Yeah, my hands too [shows hands]. This is a funny story.
Matt: [perplexed look]
Me: Well, when we set up this meeting a few days ago I had green in my hair. And I didn't think the green was the best color for a first impression. I was going to dye it purple 'cause I have this really dark purple that looks black unless I'm outside or under bright light and even then it just gives a slight purple cast. But my girlfriend suggested I go w/a dark red since a red "sheen" would be less eye catching than a purple sheen.
Matt: [strange look on his face]
Me: So I went out and bought the darkest red I could find. So I dyed my hair, and when I washed it out in the shower the red dye went everywhere. It was an absolute mess. And, as you can see, it stained my hands, face and neck pink.

ROFL

So not only is my hair a really kewl color of red and black (even though I wanted it all to appear black) but I have some added color to my rather pale complection <sp?>

I'm not pink like a smurf is blue, but I really look a little rosey. The shower curtain is pink. Parts of the tub and shower wall are poink. My towel has pink spots on it. The funnies part is I have a pink strip 'bout 2" wide running down the middle of my back from washing the extra die outta my hair. I've dyed my hair a coupla dozen times now and I've NEVER had anything like this happen. Oh well.

I hope everyone finds this as amusing as I do.

Lethal
LethalWolfe is offline   0
Old Feb 6, 2003, 11:20 PM   #2
funkywhat2
macrumors 6502a

Ha ha. That sucks, I guess. But I'm sure it gives you some character.

How long will it take to go away? Like a week or two?
funkywhat2 is offline   0
Old Feb 7, 2003, 12:09 AM   #3
IndyGopher
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGopher Send a message via AIM to IndyGopher Send a message via MSN to IndyGopher Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGopher
I can't explain why, but all I could think of as I read this, was the old WKRP episode and the quote, "With God as my witness, I believed that turkeys could fly"
IndyGopher is offline   0
Old Feb 7, 2003, 12:23 AM   #4
MacAztec
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to MacAztec
Well

What color is your normal hair?
MacAztec is offline   0
Old Feb 7, 2003, 08:20 AM   #5
iAlan
macrumors 65816

I've had a few beers watching TV, and the comment about a pink stipe down your back made me laught my ass off. I kept thinking of that old WB cartoon where the cat gets a white stripe painted down her back and the French skunk Pepe LaPue (spelling) kept chasing her.

Cool..and I am still chuckeling to myself...
Old Feb 7, 2003, 08:26 AM   #6
Mr. Anderson
Moderator emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Anderson
Ah haha, nice story. You'll have to let us know how it goes. Also, you really should post a pic so we can see for ourselves.

Hope the interview went well.

D
Old Feb 7, 2003, 10:10 AM   #7
LethalWolfe
macrumors Demi-God

The interview went well. They don't need any freelancers currently, but things should start picking up in a month or so he asked me to keep checking back.

Thankfully my gf had some make-up remover face cream cleansing stuff that took pink off my face. As much as I was looking forward to explaining why I looked like a pink smurf I'm glad I didn't have to.

My natural hair color is dark brown and for the past 6 mo or so I've been having fun dyeing it. Overall it's always black, but the highlights in my hair have been bright red, green, blue, purple, and now blood red (it's actually a very cool color IMO). Depending on the color it usually lasts 7-14 days.

I'll post pix if I can find my digi camera, but I think I left it at my parent's house last weekend.

Lethal
LethalWolfe is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community