Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stella

macrumors G3
Original poster
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006170680,00.html

TOM Cruise has claimed he will eat the PLACENTA after fiancée Katie Holmes has their baby.
The actor, 43 — who wants her to give birth in silence according to his Scientology cult rules — said: “I’m gonna eat the placenta, too.

“I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I’m going to eat the cord and the placenta right there.”

But when a GQ magazine interviewer said it would be a big meal, Cruise replied: “OK, maybe I won’t.”

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
I just saw this on drudge.

does this man not know how to appear normal so people like him? He really has become michael jackson level weird lately....what's next? :rolleyes:

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
I can understand being a little 'strange' to get people's attention and to be interesting, but seriously he should get a better image consultant, who can relate or sympathize, or understand eating a baby's placenta?!

Its like bloody and gross dude, will he have a grill or giddle and eat it like bacon?

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
That's really gross to eat, but then think about how they put it in some hair conditioners. *shudder*

I read all my labels before I buy! :eek:

Peyton, I think he's surpassed Michael Jackson weird. Isn't eating placenta kind of cannibalism?

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Peyton said:
who can relate or sympathize, or understand eating a baby's placenta?!

It's weird to a lot of us (including me), but it is more common then you think. Many cultures see the placenta a a very special organ. Some eat it, some use it as an art piece, some do other things with it. There are even entire cook books of placenta recipes.

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
grapes911 said:
It's weird to a lot of us (including me), but it is more common then you think. Many cultures see the placenta a a very special organ. Some eat it, some use it as an art piece, some do other things with it. There are even entire cook books of placenta recipes.

I think many of us who have taken an anthrpology course or two would know that and its important to be respectful of other people's cultures. Some bury it under the house, some eat it, some make it into ointments and others discard it.

But this is Tom Cruise we're talking about, its just ****ing gross when he does it.

DMPDX

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2005
I can see it now, 2029 A.D. Tom cruise takes over Michael Jackson's spot as the creepiest placenta eating pedophile.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
I just wikipedia'd it, and it seems Katie should be the one to eat it. link
Prevents post-partum depression, and (at least in animals, but humans really are just more highly-evolved animals) can rid the pain of birth.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
vniow said:
But this is Tom Cruise we're talking about, its just ****ing gross when he does it.
I was in a serious mood and as I read you post I stayed in that mood. Then I got to this last line and I erupted in laughter. I really have to thank you for making my night.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
DMPDX said:
I can see it now, 2029 A.D. Tom cruise takes over Michael Jackson's spot as the creepiest placenta eating pedophile.

veryrude1xr6xv.gif

actually i have heard of people making tea out of it. but most "earthy" people just plant a tree on it now a days. (the placenta)

btw, that article is a joke right?

Stella

macrumors G3
Original poster
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Peyton said:
I just saw this on drudge.

does this man not know how to appear normal so people like him? He really has become michael jackson level weird lately....what's next? :rolleyes:

Drudge is great - its where I found the story too.

Fukui

macrumors 68000
Jul 19, 2002
grapes911 said:
Yes, but just not in this one....

Cruise thinks he can do or say anything and it'll be alright... now that he's an "OT Level 3," but really I think he just makes his religion look bad instead...

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Stella said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006170680,00.html

TOM Cruise has claimed he will eat the PLACENTA after fiancée Katie Holmes has their baby.
The actor, 43 — who wants her to give birth in silence according to his Scientology cult rules — said: “I’m gonna eat the placenta, too.

“I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I’m going to eat the cord and the placenta right there.”

But when a GQ magazine interviewer said it would be a big meal, Cruise replied: “OK, maybe I won’t.”
Wow!

Let's see, let me add one more thing to the list of experiences that I don't need in this lifetime.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.