Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

millar876

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2004
Kilmarnock, Scotland UK
Sorry if its been pointed out b4 but a quick searck showed nothing so here goes...

Yhe other day i baught the video Innuendo by queen from the iTMS. downloaded, watched, all good. HOWEVER when i went to sync it to my iPod i got the wonderfull

"Some of the videos in your iTines music library, including the video "Inuendo" were not coppied to the iPod "mini Newton" because they can not be played on this type of ipod"

dialog box, which is kind of wierd cos the music videos were added to itunes so people had somthing to watch on their iPods, so i emailed apple and the responce i got was...

"Thank you for contacting the iTunes Music Store.

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced with this issue. However, the nature of your question falls outside the type of support provided via email by the iTunes Music Store team. The Music Store team answers non-technical questions about billing, customer accounts, downloading music, and Music Store content."

and there was me thinking that somthing baught from the music store would be classes as music store content.

HELP!

ehayut

Suspended
Jun 29, 2005
How long ago did you get your iPod? Videos can only play on the newest models released about 6 months ago, usually referred to as the iPod 5G

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
ehayut said:
How long ago did you get your iPod? Videos can only play on the newest models released about 6 months ago, usually referred to as the iPod 5G

OP, is the iPod in question the 60GB in your sig? If so, you should be able to play it fine (I'm going to assume you're not trying to move it to the shuffle :)). I'm also going to assume you've already checked out the Apple Discussion article about this: link. You could also check out the FAQs.

Mitch1984

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2005
Telford
gauchogolfer said:
OP, is the iPod in question the 60GB in your sig? If so, you should be able to play it fine (I'm going to assume you're not trying to move it to the shuffle :)). I'm also going to assume you've already checked out the Apple Discussion article about this: link. You could also check out the FAQs.

Nah the Innuendo video is a known issue I think, it hasn't worked on some people's iPod's judging by the reviews on iTunes.

You best bet is to email Apple.

millar876

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2004
Kilmarnock, Scotland UK
yet it is a 60 gig 5G (iPod with video), purchases from apple store regent street (london) at arround 1430 ish saturday 15-apr-2006 so fairly sure its meant to be able to play videos since the box said so and the 21.3 hours (5.39GB) of playable videos on it (2hrs/6.0GB of it from ITMS).

When i DL'd the video there were no reviews yet. it just kinda ticks me off when apple say its not their problem 'cos they only deal with (amongst other things) problems with ITMS content which this clearly is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.