Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Apr 20, 2006, 11:57 AM   #26
allan_zip
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKnjb
(to get round the deliberately mastered bad sector problem).
I ripped a dvd last night and got that message from MTR, after Toast wouldn't finish copying the disc. It wasn't a commercial disc though, just a live concert someone had taped. Is this a bug in MTR or a problem with my disc?
Sorry if this is a little off-topic, i'd never seen the message until last night.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 12:22 PM   #27
milo
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjr3
Obivously, none of you haters have used DVD Shrink...It by far the best and most fully featured (not to mention free) DVD ripping/compression application out there. So what if you have to use Windows. You are going to have to accept at some point that Apple is going to become more popular with the PC crowd. Just look at the influx of Windows based posts already on this very forum...I'm all for using the best tool for the job and DVD Shrink just happens to be that.
You miss the point. You don't have to be a "hater" to find a solution that requires windows to be unacceptable. For someone who is already running it, maybe. But for anyone else, it requires partitioning your hard drive and installing a whole other OS that costs a couple hundred bucks.

I assume you can imagine why people would prefer a native OSX solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan_zip
I ripped a dvd last night and got that message from MTR, after Toast wouldn't finish copying the disc. It wasn't a commercial disc though, just a live concert someone had taped. Is this a bug in MTR or a problem with my disc?
Sorry if this is a little off-topic, i'd never seen the message until last night.
Many new discs have additional copy protection and won't work in current versions of MTR (or other ripper apps). MTR and others are constantly updating in an effort to stay compatible with all discs.
milo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2006, 12:38 PM   #28
allan_zip
macrumors regular

Found a fix.
Deleted post.

Last edited by allan_zip; Apr 20, 2006 at 01:39 PM.
allan_zip is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 07:50 AM   #29
tekno
Banned

Does anyone know a good DVD ripper? I've got Handbrake but want to get the info off the DVD and into my computer quickly to then let Handbrake chug along at its own pace.

If Mac The Ripper is no longer available, is there an alternative?
tekno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:20 PM   #30
denniscote
macrumors newbie

You could try RipIt at thelittleappfactory.com/RipIt

It's not free, but it has worked well for me every time I have used it.
denniscote is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store