Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eVolcre

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 7, 2003
Hi Guys,

I just ordered a language learning software (rosetta stone) and they recommend a headset for speech recognition exercises. Any ideas on what I should get? I'm assuming I can use the same headset for video chat and VOIP ...

Is there a headset that will work with a cell phone AND my MBP? I have a RAZR ..

Thanks,

eV

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
You'd need a separate headset for your phone, as the jacks are different sizes (and cell phones carry both directions of signal on the same connection. I doubt that you'll get many specific recommendations for headsets here--just about any quality headset from a reasonable company should suit your needs. Almost all of the decent ones come with noise-cancelling features (sometimes called NCAT) these days, so take your pick!

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Wrote them an email urging them to correct their mis-capitalization of Mac. Other than that, it looks like a great fit. Sennheiser makes some stellar headphones...

matfitz

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2005
eVolcre said:
Hi Guys,

I just ordered a language learning software (rosetta stone) and they recommend a headset for speech recognition exercises. Any ideas on what I should get? I'm assuming I can use the same headset for video chat and VOIP ...

Is there a headset that will work with a cell phone AND my MBP? I have a RAZR ..

Thanks,

eV

which version of Rosetta Stone do you have? I have the old application from my old PC days, and I'm wondering if my language cds will work with the new version that is compatible with macs. Can't find anything on their website about which version is compatible, and if old cds will work with a new application. Or even if it's still the same format seperating the application software from the language cds. A bit of help would be appreciated....

daleslad

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2003
eVolcre said:
http://www.sennheisercommunications...cations/com/Products/CNT05_MAC?ProductId=M145

There we go. That's the one I want, specially designed for MAC. Not sure how much it costs because I haven't found a place to buy it yet. As long as it's under $200 I'm going to pick it up

ev
I was reading your post and decided to get that model. I finally was able to get the Sennheiser M145 Binaural USB Headset for Mac OS X.
However I'm very disappointed with it, I got it primarily for gaming purposes and tried it out today for the first time.
I could hear the sounds much better during the game but I was told that my voice volume was low. I've tried everything to get the output louder every slider is maxed out but it still isn't loud enough.
I'm hoping that someone might have a suggestion to get it louder but I'm not holding my breath.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.