Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

munkees

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
Pacific Northwest
I recently had a few post about my dying PowerBook, All start with heavy use if Americas Army. After 10.4.6 upgrade the fans did not come on during play.

Next I had freezes on my system when the machine got hot, now after to weeks my HD has failed.

I am located for 6 more weeks in Germany, is getting apple care here a slow process? I was wondering what would be the turn around for a HD replacement?

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
I don't know about Germany but AppleCare in the UK is pretty quick once you get past the 'Gate Keepers' on the phone. I needed a new iBook logic board a while back and the box that was shipped to me arrived the day after I called and the fixed iBook came back 4-5 days after I shipped it off.

gman71882

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
Houston, Tx
with a HD replacement it wont take that long. Probably 3-5 days

But if the fans are not responding that may lead to other problems so it would require a little bit more work. I would explect about a one week turnaround on the repair job if they have to fix anything in addition to the HD.

They usually get the shipping box out that business day, and its Airborne express so to Germany prob 1-2 days in transit.
Total time ~ around 10-14 days. Not to bad.

munkees

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
Pacific Northwest
Call applecare in Germany, they all speak english, that a good thing, They are shipping me a box via UPS tomorrow. they say should have my PB back by friday, if not Monday.

Now that is what I call service. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.