Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitalrebelxt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
A friend asked me to design him a logo for his development company,

Comments Welcome.

135087347_c9d848dc5a_b.jpg

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
The font used in the text "Advisor's Group" makes it look like each letter is a different size. Try using a different font for that. I like the color scheme used in the first on with the "V" that is in the 4th one.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Don't like the ones with a V that looks like flames... combined with the dove that tasted too much like one of the more nasty Christian sects...

Like the one with just the ordinary V, do you have a version of that without the wings, just for comparison...?

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Don't like the ones with a V that looks like flames... combined with the dove that tasted too much like one of the more nasty Christian sects...

Like the one with just the ordinary V, do you have a version of that without the wings, just for comparison...?

Oooh, me and the Mith agree. :D

L

Lau

I also agree with the Mith and the Gaz. :D

If you did keep the flames/feathers bit, I think the last two are slightly clearer than the first two, as the first two look a bit more like a 'W' ('DOWE'). I like the compactness of the flamey bit in the first two, it's just where they cross over resembles a 'W'.

Overall though, simple and clean, good stuff. :)

dogbone

macrumors 68020
I like the square dove graphic.

I think using a graphic for the 'V' is overcooking it a bit.

A bit of kerning is in order.

Somehow I feel deep down in my bowels that the logo should be the same height as the word 'dove', it's such a nice clean graphic that I feel the 'stepped effect' sort of spoils the lines. But then I don't know how to deal with the line under the word 'dove'.

As for colours I'd just stick to black and white until the logo is sorted.

That's my $0.02 worth, which is probably really worth that ammount.

Attachments

• dove.jpg
    dove.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 81

ChicoWeb

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2004
California
One or the other

Very nice...

Although I would eliminate one of the design elements. It feels to much. Either dith the flared V, or the dove...in my opionion, this would simplify it and not be to much to look at

the-hen

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
They all look pro so you would look good going with any of them.

But... I think I agree with Chico. It could help you to lose one of the elements. My opinion is that #5 is a good option, without the dove.

Also a comment on the dove... though it is appealing graphically, I'm not sure it adds anything to the identity, as it looks quite static and fixed to the bottom of the block it is in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.